Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2010 software includes enhancements to the user interface, as described in the following topics.
Temporary Dimensions in Layout Mode
When editing duct and piping systems in Generate Layout mode, temporary length and angle dimensions display to assist placement.
When you export a file, you can specify whether to export colors as Index Color or as True Color. See Colors in the User Guide for more information.
Text Formatting Shortcuts
When editing text in a text note, you can format selected text by pressing Ctrl+B for bold, Ctrl+I for italic, or Ctrl+U for underline. See Adding Text Notes and Editing the Text Note in the User Guide for more information.
Split Walls with Defined Space Between Them
The Split with Gap tool allows walls to be split leaving a specified gap between them. See Splitting Elements in the User Guide for more information.
In this release, Revit MEP provides a new interface for managing keyboard shortcuts for Revit tools. With this interface, you can
- Add keyboard shortcuts and assign multiple shortcuts for each Revit tool.
- Remove keyboard shortcuts.
- Import keyboard shortcuts from another user. Also use this function to migrate shortcuts from a previous release.
- Export keyboard shortcuts to share them with other users, or to use the resulting file in a spreadsheet program, where you can sort, organize, and print a list of shortcuts for quick reference.
See Keyboard Shortcuts in the User Guide for more information.
Find and Replace Text in Text Notes
The Find/Replace tool provides a way to find and replace text in text notes in Revit MEP projects. This tool also searches the text in detail groups. You can use this tool to replace placeholder text on several sheets at once. See Finding and Replacing Text Notes in the User Guide for more information.
Convert Line Types
Sometimes the line type in your Revit MEP model is not the type you want to work with. The Convert Lines tool converts existing model lines, detail lines and symbolic lines into the preferred line type. See Converting Line Types in the User Guide for more information.
Several areas of improvements were made in the Subscription Release Pack for Autodesk Revit MEP 2010, including areas such as linked files.
For this release, the following enhancements have been made to the Help documentation:
- Walls: This documentation has been revised to improve its organization and provide more conceptual and procedural information.
- Curtain Elements: This documentation has been revised to improve organization and workflow.
- Multi-Discipline Coordination: This section has been greatly enhanced to provide more conceptual, workflow, and procedural information, as well as best practices and troubleshooting about use of the Copy/Monitor and Coordination Review tools.
- Troubleshooting View and Visibility Issues: This new section discusses best practices and suggested solutions for problems with display, view, and visibility.