Revit MEP

Revit MEP

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rectangular Duct - Tap - Beveled Revit MEP family

Kyle to the rescue again. Revit MEP has a lot of Duct Fittings and Pipe Fittings. They may not all be loaded into the default project template, but you can load them in from your Imperial Library.
If you haven't noticed yet, it is missing a Rectangular Beveled Tap.




(From Kyle)

This one has all sorts of bells and whistles, as I got engrossed with
fixing it one afternoon, and my trig hand was strong that day. It adheres to
SMACNA standards OOTB (Takeoff Length = 0.25 * Duct Width, 4" Minimum), but allows you to override both the length and the angle if desired, so this is
really all that you need. To accomplish this, there are a bunch of nested IF
statements that drive the dimensions, have fun going through it if you'd
like.

Below are some picks of some ducts that I connected using the Rectangular Beveled Tap Fitting.

From the AUGI thread, and if you an AUGI member, you can download this family by going to the link I posted.

On a side note, I loaded every Duct Fitting, and every Pipe Fitting from the Imperial Library in a template project, to see how large a file it would create, and the template project file was just under 20 meg with nothing modeled yet.

2 comments:

  1. How did you create the transition from the 32x18 duct to the 40x18 duct? I tried resaving Kyle's family as a Transition but the ducts turn out to be angled when I draw them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post a procedure for making a duct fitting family? It seems so complicated.

    It would really help many beginners like me...

    Please notify me here bansrig@gmail.com, if you happen to post it...

    thanks... you are doing a great work!

    Bansri

    ReplyDelete